Monday, February 10, 2014

I SHAVED MY HEAD!!!!


 
Today, just as I was getting in my car to head home from work, I received a text.  The text contained the above picture.  I read it a couple of times before the tears started flowing.  This came to me, as most things seem to do lately, at just the right time.  I have been stressing a lot over my hair  and have gone back and forth over what to do.  Shave it or leave it.  The debate has continued daily.  But yesterday I told my husband that I was ready.  I told him I hated my hair and wanted it gone.  He said OK then.  We can shave it tonight if you want.  Well, Walking Dead was on so I decided to watch that instead.  Today, when I woke up, I knew today was the day.  Just knew it.  I told myself over and over all day that it was going to happen tonight.  And then I got this picture sent to me.  It was as if God himself said to me, "Michelle.  Do it.  Shave your hair.  You are becoming REAL.  You can't be ugly if you are REAL." 
 
So, after we ate dinner, we did it.  I had a minor panic attack and almost cried, but I did it.  It's gone.  My hair is gone.  I am bald.  And it is WEIRD.  I jumped in the shower and kept wanting to run my fingers through my hair.  It felt like it was still there.  WEIRD.  The kids helped.  Reagan brushed hair off my shirt and Emily took pictures.  Speaking of pictures...
I appear to be sad.  That's because I was.  Couldn't believe
this was really happening.
 
In this one, I'm thinking about how much I hate cancer.
 
In this one, Jeremy is singing "Nothing Compares
2 U" by Sinead O'Connor.  You Tube it.  It will
make sense.
 
I'm happy and relieved to have that done!!! 
 
I am so glad I finally did it!!  It feels like a ton of weight has been lifted off me.  Now I just have to decide if I am going to wear the wig or something else.  I have two head scarves on order.  I think I will like those more than the wig.  We shall see.  It's kind of awesome though.  I will be able to get ready so much faster now!!!  Twenty extra minutes of sleep in the morning!  Woohoo!!!
 
In other news, Saturday morning I had an hour long facial at the Ahh Spa(paid for by some friends who wanted to just do something nice for me).  That was followed by lunch with a friend who is really going thru a tough time right now.  So thankful for the time I was able to spend with her and just let her talk.  She really needed that.  Sunday Jeremy surprised me by taking me for an early birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  He even found someone to watch the girls!!  It was a great weekend.  Went by way to fast. 
 
That's all I got tonight.  Later gaters!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. You are a GORGEOUS bald woman! Seriously, some could not pull it off. I say wear it with pride girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    You look wonderful and you are Real and you are loved.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. And still smiling your something else lol hang in there girl

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful. And now we know your head is just as perfect as the rest of you. Hold your head high. You got this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    You truly are a Beautiful lady! Hang in there girl, a lot of people are praying for you! Keep that beautiful smile going strong,
    Debbie Nally

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have never looked more beautiful than in the last photo. Keep that smile! It looks good on you :)
    Kellie Chism

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember this same thing with my mother. It is something you just don't forget. You still look beautiful! Stay strong, you are an inspiration to so many people, more than you will ever realize.
    Julie Benner

    ReplyDelete