Sunday, September 21, 2014

I'm Surrounded By The Greatest People On Earth

Over the past several weeks I have been so humbled by the outpouring of support for my family.  As if everything that has been done for us during my journey to this point hasn't been enough, the support and help keeps coming.  It is such a humbling experience to be the recipient of so much, and I feel like saying "thank you" just isn't enough. 
 
A few weeks ago a great friend organized a tenderloin fundraiser.  Several people stepped up to help and it turned out to be a great success.  So many people have told me that they ordered a loin or that the loin was delicious.  I never really know what to say in response.  First of all, it's still weird to me that this is all happening.  Second of all, I didn't cook them!  So, I just say thank you.  And I feel like that isn't enough.
 
The loin crew




 
 
Today is eight weeks since my last chemo pre-transplant.  Eight weeks.  Two months.   I can't believe how much better I have felt this past week.  It seems like the fatigue is starting to get better every week.  My hair started growing back too.  I've been working full time with no issues.  I really can't complain! 
 
Today was also a second fundraiser for my family.  My sister-in-law planned and organized the whole thing.  And she did an amazing job.  My parents, brother, cousin, and my wonderful friend Courtney and her family helped so much.  It turned out to be a beautiful day and we had a great turnout!  As Cornhole tournaments go, it was very, very successful!
 
 
We had 18 teams!!
My girls working concessions

Thank you Jay, Courtney, and Melody!!
 
 
 
 
 
I really don't know what to say other than "thank you."  Thank you to everyone who helped with both of these fundraisers.  Thank you to everyone who participated by purchasing a loin or coming out to play cornhole.  Thank you to everyone who donated, whether it was monetary or otherwise.  I could never express how much all of this means to me.  Just knowing that when the bills start coming in we will be able to pay them is such a comfort.  And it's a comfort we wouldn't have without such a supportive community, family, and friends.  We are truly blessed!!
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

 
    
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment