Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I Survived 2014!!




I really can't believe this year is already at an end.  As I look back and think of all that has happened during the past 365 days, I find it absolutely amazing that I am where I am today.  December 31, 2014 and I am feeling fantastic!! Nine chemo sessions, losing my hair (twice), two PET scans, excisional biopsy (again), Stem-Cell Harvest (which included Neupogen shots that I had to give myself twice a day), Stem-Cell Transplant (which included 18 chemo infusions and an 18 day hospital stay), placement of a central line, and surgery to remove my port.  WHEW!!

And the emotional roller coaster this year brought to us.  Let us not forget how in February my CT scan showed that I was in remission, which caused much happiness and plans for a No More Cancer Party.  I finished Chemo at the end of April and the party was May 10.  What a great day that was!!!  Such a great party and so many friends and family there to support and congratulate me.  We were the happiest we had been in such a long time!  But alas, the happiness would soon be overcome with fear.  Two weeks after the party, a PET scan confirmed that my cancer was still living and growing inside me.  Talk about going from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows!  Then, on November 7 we finally heard what we had been waiting to hear...NO MORE CANCER!!!!!  So we climbed back up the happy ladder and haven't come back down!!  I love it at the top of the happy ladder!!

I'm currently feeling better than I have felt since October, 2013.  I have started a new 90 Day Challenge (currently on day 24), and I have the strength and energy to push myself through the very challenging workouts.  I'm back to being my goofy, sarcastic self.  I actually find myself wanting to do things besides sit on the couch.  I love it.  Absolutely love where I am in life right now.

This year has taught me so much.
*Happiness comes from within.
*Our circumstances aren't the problem.  It is our response to those circumstances that determines the outcome.  Whether I sit around and throw a pity party because I have cancer or keep living life in spite of cancer is all under my control. 
*During our darkest times, our true friends will reveal themselves.
*I didn't realize how important my family and friends really were, what a true blessing they are in my life.  Because of everything I have had to endure this past year, I now know that without these people in my life things would be so much harder.   We all need love and support, and we find this in our family and friends.  *People want to help, you just have to let them.  Accepting help is a must.
*You may be inspiring people without knowing, and providing hope to some who may be going through hard times themselves.
*The world doesn't stop because we have an illness.  The world doesn't care.  So you have to find a way to keep going.  To keep living.  To keep loving.  To stay positive.  That way is through prayer and faith in Jesus Christ. 

I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who took time out of your lives and supported me and stood by me through everything.  You all have made a huge difference in my life, every one of you.  So many acts of kindness have been shown to me over this last year that I am sincerely humbled.  You have all proven to me that there really is still good in this world. 






































































No comments:

Post a Comment