Saturday, June 21, 2014

Surgery Update

 
I underwent surgery on Thursday to remove the enlarged lymph node for biopsy.  All in all, the surgery was a success.  Dr. Wahle was able to remove the lymph node in tact, which was what we were hoping he would be able to do.  He told Jeremy that he didn't see any other enlarged nodes.  I don't know what relevance it has, but he also said that he saw scar tissue from my prior surgery.  Jeremy was very upbeat about what Dr. Wahle had to say.  Evidently he talked to me as well but I don't remember it at all.  Something about being under the influence of Propofol that makes you not remember things.
 
There was one down side to this surgery.  Dr. Wahle had to cut some nerves in order to reach the lymph node.  He said that this may cause me to have numbness or a tingling sensation and he doesn't know if it will ever go away.  Well, it has in fact caused numbness throughout the right side of my chest and my right upper arm.  And the left side of my tongue.  I have no clue if the tongue issue is related to the cut nerves, but I feel like it has too be.  It is the strangest feeling.  My chest and arm feel like a solid brick wall, like they weigh a thousand pounds.  I really, really hope this goes away.  But if it doesn't, oh well.  I'll get used to it eventually. 
 
So now I just wait until one or both Dr.'s call with the biopsy results.  Dr. Wahle said he thinks we will know something on Monday.  I don't think I will hear anything until Tuesday.  No matter what day it is, it won't be soon enough that is for sure. 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I now I hated the wait for the results of my second biop - seemed like days - not looking forward to surgery - but we will hang in there, prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete