Friday, November 29, 2013

Keep It Simple. Just Be Positive!!!

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life.  A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes.  It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results."
-Author Unknown

I believe 100% in the above quote.  Even before my diagnosis I tried to be the most positive person I know.  Being positive no matter what the circumstance is so important.  Being negative or feeling sorry for yourself doesn't help anything.  Just makes things worse.  But if you can find good in everything, if you can remain positive even when you are going thru the worst that life has to offer, it's pretty amazing how much easier the bad times are to handle not only for yourself but for those around you.  If you are happy and handling life well, those around you will automatically worry less and be happier themselves.  It's not always easy, and there have been times over the last few years that I have struggled to stay positive, but I have always found a way.  There are silver linings everywhere, you just have to look for them.  Lately, I've become seriously happy for good days.  Before cancer I took every single day for granted.  Didn't even realize I was doing it.  But now, since I have had an entire week of extremely crappy days, days that I felt like vomiting and sleeping all day, days that I really had to push myself to deal with work, days that I know are going to happen every other week for the next six months...now that I have experienced those days, my good days are that much gooder!!! (yes I know that's not an actual word!)  The bad stuff has helped me focus on the good stuff.  The good stuff that has always been there, but that I just never noticed before.  Like, dancing the Cupid Shuffle in the living room with Reagan.  Once an annoying task, I was as happy as could be that I felt good enough to dance with her the other night.  Or how awesome it feels to want to eat.  Or how much you can laugh with your husband if you stay up past 8:00.  Or how many people really and truly care about you.  Or having enough energy to exercise, do laundry, clean the kitchen, etc...  All of that is good stuff.  Always has been.  I just never really realized it before.  Amazing how your perspective changes when you can look at everything with a positive mind set.  :)

So, I have discovered that the entire week after chemo is pretty much going to be a bust.  At least I know what to expect now.  And, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with chemo or not, but I have been having the WEIRDEST dreams lately.  And I wake up a lot.  Probably from the weird dreams.  But today I woke up at 6:30am to a little 7 year old girl saying "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom!!!  He came back!  Franklin came back!  Come on let me show you!"  Geez.  Way to early for elves from the North Pole.  Franklin is our elf.  And this is where she found him this morning.
Notice the Kleenex on the Barbie's.  The girls couldn't find any clothes for them and Reagan didn't want Franklin to see them naked.  Quick thinking on her part.

Thanksgiving was pretty awesome.  My family likes to play games and yesterday was no exception.  Jeremy said that he was confused playing Dominoes because he was only used to playing prison rules hahahaha.  What makes that statement even funnier is I don't think he was joking!  Oh, and I think he is kind of partial to our niece Hadley.  Maybe because she is also his goddaughter.  I don't know but I think she likes him too! 
 
 
 
And today I was lucky enough to spend some time with my good friend Natalie.  Every time she comes home we say that next time we will spend more time together.  I'm hoping that when she comes back for Christmas this actually happens!!
 
Natalie is also a personal trainer and a darn good one.  This girl helped me get through my last 90 Day Challenge.  I can't tell you how many times I texted or called her and told her just how stupid the whole thing was!  I was certain that I wouldn't live through it, and she was certain I would.  Thanks to her not ever giving up on me, I not only survived but I knocked it out of the park!!  And, I'm convinced that I had to get through that bit of torture to prepare me for my current challenge.  Being healthy and in the best shape of my life happened because Natalie re-entered my life just over two years ago.  Just one more thing I'm thankful for. :) :)


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment