Tuesday, December 17, 2013

And Then The Flood Gates Opened

Yeah.  That happened.  Yesterday.  Like, we aren't talking a few tears or sort of sobbing for a few minutes.  We are talking all out breakdown of epic proportions.  Open the flood gates type of cry.  Big o'fat tears type of cry.  I compare it to this NFL player crying during the National Anthem.  Only difference would be you need to multiply the tears by like 10,000.  And it happened at work.  Yep.  At work.  You see, I am still having a hard time with the outpouring of support I have received.  It's still completely overwhelming and my response to it most of the time is to not respond.  Yesterday was no different.  A friend of mines friend posted on her Facebook timeline about how every time she hears a certain song, she stops and prays for me.  I was tagged in this post so I would see it.  And I did and chose to ignore it for a good while.  Then, over my lunch break, I decided to watch the video that had been posted.  That's when it happened.  And it was so odd.  I can't really describe what happened or how I felt.  All I know to say is this feeling came over me and I couldn't stop crying.  It was a peaceful feeling or maybe a calm feeling.  Or maybe it was really both.  Not really sure but it was a feeling I have never felt before.  And it came out of nowhere.  This is the song:

 
 
 The past few days have been terrific!!  I went shopping Sunday.  By myself.  Best way to shop in my opinion.  Last night I made Christmas cookies with Reagan.  Had to do it early this year because of a busy week and then chemo Friday sort of puts a damper on everything.  But that's ok because I sat some aside for Santa.  I'm sure he won't mind if they are a little hard by then.  He will eat anything I think.  Tonight I went out to dinner with my two besties.  Then we stopped in at Orange Leaf.  Why not, right?  Go big or go home is what I say!! 
 
 
One last thing...this guy.  *Sigh*  Those that know me already know he is my favorite.  Seen him in concert three times already.  I'm pretty sure I qualify for "Groupie" status at this point.  I don't care.  I seriously don't.  I will probably see  him in concert three more times at least.  For those of you who don't know who this is, (if you don't we probably aren't friends) listen to this and you will know No Surprise.  Or this one Over You.  And of course this Feels Like Tonight.  Can't forget this one either Start of Something Good.  Ok.  You get the point.  
 
 
 
We can have joy even in our troubles because we know that these troubles produce endurance.  And endurance produces character, and character produces hope.  And this hope will not disappoint us, because God has poured his love to fill our hearts.  Romans 5:3-5
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment