Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chemo #10



So I got home from that fabulous vacation on Thursday morning, and about 24 hours later I was headed to Chemo #10.  My pal Natalie had been on my chemo schedule forever for Friday, but her baby was sick so she had to cancel kind of last minute.  So, Ms. Courtney aka "Chemo Clown" drove me.  Why Chemo Clown?  Well, this is how she showed up at my door on Friday:
What a goof!  Never a dull moment with this girl around!
 
Seemed as though I had to wait forever this time.  Evidently there were several doctors (including mine) and nurses on vacation last week.  Once I finally had blood drawn and we were allowed to go find a seat in the chemo room I was just ready to get it over with.  But that wasn't in the plan.  The nurse came back and said "Well, your labs are back and your baby white count is low.  I have to talk to a doctor to see if we can give you your treatment today."  What???  Seriously??  First of all, what the heck is a baby white count?  Second of all, seriously???  I get all the way to my 10th treatment and I might not be able to have it?  I just looked at Courtney and said "If I can't have this treatment I'm going to be pissed!!!"  She didn't really say anything in response.  I continued to rant for a bit and the nurse finally came back and said the on-call doctor gave the go ahead.  Thank goodness!!!
 
Me, happy I'm getting treatment 10.  Courtney, happy that I'm happy!
 
Ten chemo's down and two to go!!!  Only three more weeks of feeling like absolute yuck!!  I can not wait to not have to feel like this anymore.  Just can't describe what chemo does to a person.  Although I feel horrible, I'm still thankful.  Thankful that the chemo is working.  Thankful that I have amazing family and friends helping me through this.  And thankful that I'm still here. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment