Thursday, March 27, 2014

VACATION!!!!


So I haven't blogged in awhile.  Sorry about that.  Not that I haven't had anything to say, because I always have something to say.  It's just that I've been, well, ON THE BEACH!!!  We left last Thursday after attending Emily's Jr. High orientation.  Ugh.  Can't believe that is already happening.  The timing of it really was perfect though because I don't want to think about my baby getting older, so what a better distraction than a beach vacation!  We went to Marco Island, Florida.  Fifteen hour drive.  And we did it strait through.  First time we have ever done that, but it worked out well.  The girls slept almost the entire time, which you parents reading this already know that makes any trip less stressful.  Jeremy was super tired but he managed to make it work.  Anyway, back to the point of this post.  Marco Island is absolutely gorgeous.  See for yourself:
 


 
The water warm enough for us to enjoy as well.  And the girls had an absolute blast.  Reagan cried last night once we were headed home.  She loves the water and I have learned she loves the beach. The amazing thing is the girls got along!  I'll drive 15 hours for that any day!




 
My dad was the reason for this trip.  A "retirement party" as he called it.  We learned something new about my dad on this trip.  He loves looking for shells.  And this beach is probably the best around for that.  Literally shells for miles along the beach.  Just massive piles of them.  My mind was blown.  I have never seen so many shells in my life.  And it actually was fun looking for the perfect shell.  But you have to be quick because the ocean will take it back super fast!! 
 


 
Speaking of my dad, Reagan had a good time in the ocean with her grandpa.  And building a sand castle was fun as well.  Oh, and there was the sand mermaid that they turned her into.  And by they I mean grandpa and Aunt Melody.

 
That's my niece Adeline next to mermaid Reagan. 
 
One day we drove to the Everglades.  That turned out to be a good time.  We saw some alligators which was the goal.  Some we saw on a boardwalk designed with the purpose of seeing Florida wildlife.  The others, well, we pulled over on the side of the highway and risked being run over by 80mph traffic to see them.  We didn't die so it was worth it.  So weird driving down the road and seeing gators all over.  Some dead some not.  Definitely something I have never experienced before.

This one was on the side of the road.
 
Speaking of wildlife, took these right on the beach.  The fish is a "convict" fish.  Pretty neat.  And we saw lots of dolphins too.  Just didn't get a photo.  But they were so close to the shore you could see the whole dolphin.  It was amazing.

 
And then there are these photo's. 
 

 
 
 
Being able to go on this vacation was truly a blessing.  When my dad started asking us about it last summer, I was like sure we will go.  Sounds great.  Count us in.  Condo's were booked, final plans were made.  Then I was diagnosed with cancer and I had no idea if I would be able to go.  I didn't know what the future held so we just had to wait and see.  So much had to work out for us to be able to go.  And lucky for us, it all worked out.  The only negative was we had to leave early so I could get back for chemo on Friday.  But that really isn't a negative because we got to go!!!  Leaving early is better than not getting to go at all, right?? 
 
So, this is how I spent my good week.  On the beach and not worrying about a darn thing.  It was good.  We all needed to relax and have fun.  And that's exactly what we did. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment