Saturday, March 1, 2014

No More Cancer!!!!

 
I'm sure by now you have heard the news.  I'M IN COMPLETE REMISSION!!!!!  We received this amazing news yesterday.  I figured he would say things were going good and that my lymph nodes had shrunk.  I certainly wasn't expecting him to say I was in remission!!!!  Total shocker for me!!  The radiologist report stated that everything was within normal ranges.  No signs of cancer. Jeremy said, "So, it's gone?"  Dr. Stephens said he couldn't say that I was cured for five years and no recurrence.  But he said he could say that I was in complete remission.  Jeremy then asked if he expected the PET scan at the end to show any activity.  The Dr. said that with a report like mine he didn't expect anything to show up.  Jeremy brought up how quickly we noticed the nodes shrinking and how quickly we could no longer feel them in my neck.  He asked the Dr. if that quick of a response was normal.  He said that it wasn't, that I responded very quickly.  Wow.  Just wow.  It still hasn't completely sunk in yet that I don't have cancer anymore.  That I beat it.  I think its because I still have to do chemo.  I have to complete all twelve treatments.  Dr. Stephens said that if we stopped now, he would leave me in partial remission and there was a greater chance it would come back.  If we complete all twelve there is a very good chance we kill it all and it never comes back.
 
We also discussed my weight gain.  Actually, I should say Jeremy discussed it with the Dr.  Evidently I am driving him bonkers complaining about it.  Dr. Stephens smiled and said that the weight gain is perfectly normal.  That my body is going through alot.  He said on your bad week, when nothing sounds good, you probably end up settling for stuff that is bad for you because it sounds the best.  And he said that my body thinks I'm going through menopause right now, and women normally gain weight during menopause.  He told Jeremy that men don't get it.  Men are just thinking that the woman has cancer and she should be focused on that because that is what the man focuses on.  But he said almost every woman worries more about her appearance such as hair loss and weight gain.  Doesn't make sense to the man but assured him that my worries were common and basically to just accept that it is going to bother me.  He assured me that after I have completed chemo, within a few months of getting back to my old habits the weight will disappear.
 
Physically, I feel terrible.  Just like always after chemo.  Mentally, much better.  If I don't have cancer then I don't have to worry about cancer killing me.  If I don't have cancer, I don't have to worry about continuing chemo after the twelve treatments we originally talked about.  If I don't have cancer, then I know that soon I will be able to get back to my old routines.  I've tried to stay as positive as possible throughout this whole thing, but there have been days that I have worried and thought about the possibilities that the cancer could win or that it would take longer than we thought to get rid of it.  Now, knowing that it is gone, I can focus on getting thru chemo and moving on.  I seriously can't wait for the next four treatments to be over. 
 
My friend Ashley took me to chemo yesterday.  And, once again I was treated to a manicure.  Thank God for friends who aren't afraid of feet!!!!
 
 
She also gave me and the girls matching headbands and a hat:
 
They are adorable!!!  I wore the hat today.  Can never have enough hats.  But, more important to me than the hat was the card with a letter she wrote to me.  I won't go into great detail, but she was thanking me for introducing her to Dave Ramsey and for helping her on her way with his money plan.  And she told me that because of me, many people, including herself, have become more healthy by way of nutrition and exercise.  And that she can't wait to start hearing my positive and encouraging comments again!!  I did OK reading this letter until the end.  Then I started crying.  "I just wanted you to know that you have had a great impact on my life.  Because of you I have become a better person and I will be forever grateful for that.  Thank you for letting me be a part of this day with you!"
 
I think I have said it before, but you never know who's life you are impacting.  I had no idea I had had this kind of impact on Ashley.  I knew she was my friend.  And I knew I had helped her with some stuff.  But I didn't know the things I did for her had made such a difference in her life.  I was just trying to help out my friend!!!  It is so good to know that the things I am so passionate about and the things that I constantly promote are making a difference.  Life, health, prosperity.  So very passionate about these three things.  And I am so thankful that I have been able to bless the life of someone else simply by doing what I love.  Thank you, Ashley, for telling me.  You helped me more than you know!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment