Saturday, March 15, 2014

Nine Treatments Down, Three To Go!!!!

 
 
YES!!!!!!  Nine chemo treatments officially done and three to go!!  My doctor walked through the waiting room yesterday and further reminded me that that equates to six more weeks.  When you start with 24 weeks, 6 seems so small!  So, basically three more weeks of feeling like %$%$&.  I can do this.
 
I know I have written about how amazing my friends and family have been through all of this.  And that remains true.  Yesterday this pretty lady took me to chemo:
 
 
We definitely don't get to hang out enough.  Kind of ridiculous that it took one of us getting cancer to be able to spend time alone together.  But it did and I enjoyed just hanging out with her for several hours.  Never ran out of stuff to talk about.  Made the time go by pretty quick if you ask me.  Thanks Jen for being there for me!!
 
Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I have started focusing on goals.  What goals I want to set for myself once I can get back to my normal self.  And good golly I miss the old me.  This cancer/chemo me is pretty suck.  Not a fan of her.  Most of the time, if I'm not a fan of someone, I just avoid them.  But it's pretty impossibly to avoid yourself so I can't wait to get back to being the person I liked being.  The old me had goals, visions, dreams.  And I always achieved them.  Whether it was a business goal (yes, I own my own health/wellness business), fitness goal, whatever.  Didn't matter.  I achieved it.  All that being said, my first goal is to get back in the physical shape I was prior to cancer.  Second is to compete in the Chicago Super Spartan Race in September.  I figure if I can beat cancer, I can complete a Super Spartan without dying.  Even though my brother tells me that I have to sign a death waiver to participate.  Yikes!!!
 
Last years course.  Oh my.
 
That's all I have for today.  I hope you all have an amazing weekend!!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment