Sunday, July 27, 2014

Stem Cell Transplant Day 6

 
I have been here six days now, but it feels like six weeks.  I can't say that I like being here at all.  I already miss everything.  I've been doing ok I suppose.  Tired.  Nausea.  No appetite.  On the bright side, today I completed my 14th chemo treatment in six days.  So chemo is now officially over.  The side effects haven't fully kicked in just yet, but I'm hoping this is as bad as it gets.  I haven't eaten much except drinking a shake for breakfast for the last three days.  This afternoon I did manage to get down a bacon sandwich though.  I'm just not hungry, and that is really odd for me.  I love to eat! 
 
Tomorrow I get my stem cells back.  I'm excited and a little nervous about this.  They tell me that tomorrow I will probably be wiped out all day.  Then after that it will be day to day on how I will feel, because everyone reacts different so they can't tell me how I will do. 
 
That's all I have for now.  Hopefully in the next couple of days I will have more energy to update this blog.  In the mean time, we will just sit here and watch my blood counts and hope they do what they are supposed too.  And fast.  I really want to go home! 

1 comment:

  1. Ive got liposarcoma...did about 2 years solid of chemo...currently stable...drink those shakes and water...I know its tough...but try...don't be afraid to come out of your comfort zone...I lost 60 lbs...its a different life...whatever comes...hang in there...jb

    ReplyDelete