Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunshine and Surprises

 
 
What an amazing day I had yesterday!  Started out the day by meeting my mom at the Ahh Spa for a belated birthday treat.  She treated herself to a facial while treating me to a 70 minute hot stone massage.  Aaaamazing!!!  I mean, being touched by a complete stranger never felt so good!!  It's the weirdest thing and the most normal thing at the same time.  Just me, a girl I've never met, a dark room, sounds of the ocean, lotion, and hot stones.  It.was.awesome.  I think I may just have to do it again in a few weeks!!  After our pampering was over, mom took me to Ann's Wig Shop and bought me a new hat and scarf.  Then lunch at Rafferty's.  Good stuff.  Thanks mom!!!

I got home and the girls were outside playing.  Yes, you read that right.  OUTSIDE!!  Yay for a warm day!!  So I changed clothes and went outside with them.  They played while I read a book.  In the sun.  Without a jacket.  Oh how I long for spring!! 
 
Earlier in the week our friends Tom and Cara had asked us if they could take us out to dinner to celebrate my halfway point.  The plan, as it was told to me by my husband, was dinner at the Log Inn at 6pm on Saturday night.  So, that's what I went with.  At 5:15pm I was ready to go.  I figured we had to leave then to get to our 6:00 reservation on time.  I found it weird that Jeremy was taking his time, just sitting in his chair.  I just stood there, waiting.  He continued to take his time.  He finally gets ready and we leave.  We get to Tom and Cara's and Tom says Cara doesn't feel well, so would we mind going to Silver Bell instead of Log Inn since its closer to home.  Just in case she starts feeling worse.  Ok.  No problem.  Log Inn would have been wonderful, but Silver Bell will do.  I'm just ready to go.  But, it appears I'm the only one.  Cara is in her daughters room making her bed.  Tom wants to show us the progress on the bedroom.  Time goes on and next thing I know Cara starts unloading the dishwasher.  What the heck??  Now, if you know me, you know that I'm not exactly the most patient person in the world.  So, when Jeremy sat down at the table I was a little irritated.  I didn't say anything, but I was thinking "Am I the only one who remembers that we were supposed to go out to eat?" 
 
We FINALLY leave.  We get to Silver Bell, and as I walk passed the door to the party room, I think I see someone I know.  I stop and take a step back, then realize the room is filled with balloons and people I know!  We walk in and...
 
I had no idea what to say to everyone, so I just said "Hi!"  I was kind of in shock.  I had zero clue this was going to happen!  All of the stalling suddenly made sense!  How no one broke and told me about this last week is baffling to me.   All in all, it was an AMAZING evening.  I had so much fun.  I laughed ALOT.  My friends are the most incredible people on the planet.  Even the ones who had other plans and couldn't make it last night.  It was another humbling experience that's for sure.  That all these people would work so quickly to pull this together for me, to be sure I had a great night, to be sure I knew that they all are supporting me, to just be there to hang out with me when they could have been doing anything else.  To me, that's worth more than you could ever put a price tag on.  You can't buy that.  You only get that kind of love when you surround yourself with the right people.  And by right people, I mean the people that really, truly care about you.  No matter what.  Hair or no hair.  Good mood or bad mood.  Cancer or no cancer.  These people, my friends, are more like family.  Actually, they are family.  And I wouldn't trade a single one of them for anything. 




 
This was such a great way to end an already great day.  I can't thank everyone enough for making my night so special.  I will never forget it that's for sure!!! 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment