Monday, April 7, 2014

A Great Weekend and A Decision Needs To Be Made

 
 
So much fun!!  That's how my weekend was!  My sister-from-another-mother Melodie wanted to do something for us to celebrate my ALMOST DONE WITH CHEMO milestone.  So, Reagan and I drove to Nashville to hang.  Saturday she took us to her pottery studio for a tour, and ended up giving Reagan a lesson in how to "throw" clay.  Reagan was very interested in what she was doing and asked a lot of questions. 
 


Melodie does amazing work.  Here is just a sample of what she does:
 


 
Sunday we went to brunch at Mere Bulles.  OMG!!!  This place is incredible!!  They had the most amazing brunch I have ever experienced.  All the normal breakfast foods plus Crème Brulee French Toast, Crepes, fruit, salads, fish, soup (I had the She-Crab bisque...holy geez it was good and I don't even like crab!!!) and a bunch of other stuff that I'm forgetting right now.  If you are ever in Nashville, make the trip to Brentwood.  It's totally worth it.  And they have this chocolate fountain:
 
After brunch we were off to see Wicked!!!  Can't even begin to say how much I loved this musical!!!  Reagan really enjoyed it too.  Surprisingly, Jeremy wants to see it  and since Emily didn't get to go with us I guess I will just have to find some time that we can go back!!! 
 
Melodie did a great job celebrating my ALMOST BEING DONE WITH CHEMO (I keep putting that in all caps because I am silently yelling it to the world!!!!).  She didn't have to do any of this but she insisted.  Thanks for a great weekend Mel!!!!  Love you!
 
Us, 20 years ago...
 
Speaking of Jeremy, I need your help.  We are celebrating our 15th anniversary this year.  The original plan was to take a cruise without the children (we love them, but no they aren't going).  Then I got cancer and well that changed pretty much any and all plans we had made that involved anything to do with life.  Once I received the news that I was in remission, we started talking about going on an anniversary vacation again.  Only this time my precious husband changed his mind and wanted to go to Gatlinburg.  Don't get me wrong, I think Gatlinburg is great.  But I don't want to go there.  Now, as of yesterday, we have scratched that idea and moved forward to a beach.  He says he doesn't care what beach, he just wants water and sun.  I mean, he is sooooooo helpful.  That totally narrows it down.  I guess he did actually give me names of beaches.  Daytona, Panama City, Myrtle Beach.  Hmmm.  All college party beaches.  Interesting.  I'm certain it's just a complete coincidence and he really isn't thinking about college girls. 
 
I've been looking at different places.  What I REALLY want to do is go here: Probably the most romantic place in the world.  A girl can dream, right??  Then I thought this looked wonderful:
But someone won't fly.  So I started looking in the great old of US of A so as to avoid airplanes.  Problem:  Everywhere I want to go requires many hours in a car.  So I want to fly.  Ugh.  I found this in Key West:  At $1000/night money is a bigger issue than a plane.  So here is where you come in.  Have you ever been to an all-inclusive resort and loved it?  And it didn't break the bank?  I'm pretty sure I can get Mr. NoFly to get on a plane if I can show him pretty pictures of water and sun and a pretty girl or two.  What about cruises??  What cruise line do you love?  Beaches in the United States that we wouldn't have to fly too??  Any and all suggestions welcome to make this 15th anniversary/no more cancer trip a great one!!  Thanks in advance!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment