Monday, April 21, 2014

It's A Beautiful Life

 
I am starting this post with this picture because I find it hilarious.  And since I really enjoy laughing, it's the perfect way to start.  Let me just chat with you about what a great weekend I had!!  For starters I didn't have to work Friday, so that was great.  My mom had asked me to meet with her Friday evening where she bartends.  They had raffled off a few things, the most recent being a flat screen television.  She wanted me to draw the winner because they were giving the proceeds to us to help pay medical bills.  After all these months this kind of thing still humbles me.  I always feel like saying thank you and passing out hugs just isn't enough to really express how grateful I am for everything.  The fact that people are willing to do things like this for me is still overwhelming.  Anyway, back to the point.  I did go and did draw the winner.  Funny thing...the name I drew was the  owner of the bar that raffled off the television!  The check I received was substantial and will help so much. 
 
Now, I want to say something about Saturday.  Saturday after I took Reagan to the egg hunt in Poseyville, I met a friend for lunch.  There are a few things to know about this friend:  1) We were best friends all thru high school.  2)I haven't spent any time with him, or had a significant conversation with him in probably, oh I don't know, maybe 18 years!!!!  So, when he suggested we meet for lunch there was no way I was going to say no!  It was pretty great.  The time flew by and before we knew it we had to go.  We agreed that this needs to happen more often.  Hopefully we can make that happen!
Zach and I at our Sr. Prom
 
Saturday was also Reagan's first U8 softball game.  She did really good!!  She got on base twice and played left center and second.  They all did really good and I'm pretty excited to see how much they will improve during the season.  That's what I love about coaching.  Seeing them improve and finally get it right is so awesome!! 
 
After the game we went to my mom's for an Easter dinner.  She makes THE BEST hot potato salad!! And tea.  She makes really good tea (yes mom, you really do).  The kids had a blast hunting for the golden egg.  It was such a great day!!
 
 
Sunday, as you all know was Easter.  Started off the day with Church and a great sermon.  Then too my dad's for the rest of the day.  It was such a beautiful day.  So beautiful that I didn't want to get out of the sun.  Proved to be a dumb decision on my part.  The top of my head is sun burned!!  My fault for not wearing anything on my head.  But dang it, my head gets so hot when I'm outside.  All in all, it was one of the best weekends I have had in awhile.  I felt good.  The weather was perfect.  The kids were able to get outside and run around.  Good times. 
 
 
I decided that I want to document my hair re-growth.  It seems that there isn't a lot of info out there on what to expect as far as a time frame on how fast (or slow) it will grow back.  So, I hope by documenting mine that I will be helping someone else in the future.  So, here goes with hair re-growth post #1.  The amazing photo was taken by my photographer-in-training husband.  Seriously.  I asked him to take a picture and he got all look to the left, look down, turn sideways on me.  I finally took my phone back and said I would do it myself.  He still ended up taking it, just not like I was posing for a glamour shot. 
 
This is two weeks of growth.  And yes, I am aware that I have one little patch of hair that is darker than the rest. 
 
And Just so I can end this post on a funny note I will tell you a story about work.  Today, just like any other day at work, guy gets out of jail and comes to see me first thing.  He says to me, in a loud voice, in a hallway full of people, "Hey Michelle.  I'm sorry to hear you got that cancer.  You's a good sweet girl."  I said, "It's all good.  No worries."  He says, "Well, we have all been talking about you in jail."  Ugh.  I said, "What?  Why in the world are you guys talking about me in jail?"  He says, "Well, we just were.  You got the cancer and all."  I just sort of laughed and replied, "Well, I'm not going anywhere so don't worry.  I like you guys too much to be anywhere else."  He then said, "You like all those guys out in the jail?"  I said, "Yes I do.  And I like you too.  Now sit down and let's go over this probation order." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment