Monday, January 20, 2014

My Day Off


So I had the day off today.  After the girls got on the bus I did absolutely nothing except watch Extreme Couponing and Family Feud.  Have you EVER watched that couponing show??  I don't get it.  Why do you NEED over 1,000 tubes of toothpaste stockpiled?  Why do you NEED to purchase over $1000 in groceries?  Why do you NEED 150 bags of candy, over 100 little bowls of cereal, a cart full of deodorant, and 50 boxes of mac and cheese??  
 
After watching that mindless television, I flipped to Family Feud.  And wow.  It was Honey Boo Boo's family versus the Cake Boss family.  Mama June was relatively calm, but her daughter Pumpkin is just a tad crazy I think.  Buddy's family won.  I really couldn't take it anymore after that.  Even though it's day 4 after chemo and I really just felt staying covered up on the couch all day, I forced myself to do something.  Figured why not.  Feel bad at home or feel bad doing something that might bring my spirits up. 
 
My husband got me a Victoria's Secret gift card for Christmas, so I figured I would go see what I could find.  Let me tell you, flashback to June or July last year and I walk in that store and drop $100 like it's my job.  Everything looked awesome and I wanted it all.  Today, not so much.  I tried.  I really, really tried to convince myself that somehow I would look good in that stuff.  But that wasn't happening.  When you aren't feeling good about yourself it's hard to believe that anyone else would even want to see you in any of that.  I wandered around for what seemed like forever.  They had a deal today that if you spent at least $60 and at least one item was a fitness item, you got a free beach bag.  So, when the pretty girl behind the counter didn't give me my bag I asked about it.  She said I needed a fitness item.  When I told her I had a tank top from the table with the yoga pants and the advertisement for the bag, she said it didn't count but she would give me the bag anyway.  I said no, keep it.  I didn't want to be "that girl."  And, I had a $15 rewards card that I was going to use but it can't be used until...tomorrow.  Ugh. 
 
Down to Old Navy I go.  Find a couple things.  Kind of excited because I have $10 in Old Navy bucks.  I get up to the check out, whip out my bucks, and they can't be used until...tomorrow.  Ugh.
 
Then it's off to Lowes to get stuff to unclog my shower drain and sink in the bathroom (yes, hair clogs).  Best part of that trip was I walked around and remodeled my house.  Picked out countertops for the kitchen, found a few flooring options, carpet, blinds.  Yep, it's all planned out.  Now I just need to win the lottery and I will be all set. 

So, that's it.  I call today a success since I didn't sit on the couch all day.  Didn't accomplish anything that I should have, like cleaning and folding laundry.  But, who cares at this point.  Right??

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment