Thursday, January 9, 2014

THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE, WORDS OF WISDOM, AND A LITTLE MOTIVATION


I'm certain they will be so upset!!  Hahaha!

Since we are talking about things that make me smile, I figured why not start with music.  Music is just wonderful and can make you feel good when you don't even want too.  At least, it does that for me.  I could list sooo many songs that I love, but I won't.  What I am going to do, however, is give you a list and links to some of my favorites and some maybe you have never heard.  Why?  Because I can.  And I want you to smile and be happy.  

Some of these are a little sappy, I know.  But there is nothing wrong with that!  I mean, listening to One Direction doesn't make me weird, does it?  And a girl can dream that Bruno Mars or John Mayer are really singing to her, right?  I'm sure you noticed that I didn't choose the Darius Rucker version of Wagon Wheel.  Not because I don't like it, because I do.  I just prefer the Old Crow Version.  To prove that I don't dislike Mr. Rucker, here is a photo of me with him:

I hope you enjoy my songs.  Don't worry.  I have more.  I think I have like 190 or something on my playlist.  So, if you want to know what else I listen too just ask!  I may just have to do another post at some point and break it down into workout music, fun music, Oh How Much I Love You music, and just really good music.  I'm sure I will.  Because, really, I didn't even mention Eminem!!  And no playlist is really complete without him.
And don't worry.  There will be more posts about other things I love in the future :)


WORDS OF WISDOM
I'm not sure what I'm getting ready to say is really wisdom, but rather my take on my last blog post.  I will call it wisdom because it just sounds awesome, like I actually know what the heck I'm talking about.  In my last post I talked about things I miss.  And I thought that was just kind of depressing.  But after I thought about it, it really isn't.  Yeah, I guess the things I said I miss are different in a way from missing people or things.  But really, the premise is the same.  Think about it.  If you miss someone, whether that person has passed on or you just aren't as close as you once were, you miss them for one reason.  And that's because you love them.  To be able to feel that for another human being, that love (whether its for a friend, parent, sibling, spouse, etc...doesn't matter) that causes you to miss them is awesome.  Because that means you had something amazing in your life.  And that goes for things and health as well.  If you miss something, anything, that means that you had something great.  Something or someone so great that it or they left a huge impact on your life.  A true blessing.  And if you miss it or them, that means you want it or them to come back.  Do we ever wish for bad things to come back to us?  Do we ever miss things we don't like?  The answer is no and no.  So, embrace the memories of all that you miss.  Your heart knows exactly what it misses.  Be thankful for that.  And, here is what I hope you all do.  If you are missing someone, and they are still on this planet and you are able to talk to them, tell them you miss them.  They need to know.  Not only will it make you feel good to talk to them, it will make them feel wonderful knowing that they mean enough to you for you to miss them.  Besides, life is to short to not tell others how we feel about them.  And as for me and the health things I miss, I remember what it feels like to have all those things.  And I know I will have them again.  So I am feeling blessed that I have experienced good health, and feeling grateful that I will have it again someday soon. 

A LITTLE MOTIVATION
I have learned a lot over the past few years about personal growth.  I have learned that if you want something, you need to go after it.  Anything is possible.  I have learned to ignore the haters and the naysayers (is that even a word?).  I have learned that it's my life and if I am going to make something of it, it's up to me.  If I allow all the negative talk to get in my way, all the people saying I can't do something dictate what I do or don't do, then I won't be successful.  I have learned that to be successful, you have to figure out your "why."  Why are you doing what it is that you do?  Why?  What is your passion?  Why?  You  have to figure this out, and when you do, you can't be stopped.  You will succeed.  Excuses are for people who need them.  I could go on, but I will not.  You get the point.  With that, I leave you with this little gem.  Who knew that Ashton Kutcher was so smart??  Seriously though, watch this.  It's legit.  And you will be glad you did.  












 



No comments:

Post a Comment